Thursday 10 August 2017

All that glitters is not gold?

Dear August, You used to be so hot when I was a youngster. Now, you're a burnt out soul…

It's raining here in England. It's dull and I feel miserable and procrastination has set in. I feel unproductive. Sometimes, you need to surrender to your physical feelings and slow the hell down. 

I can feel this cosmic tug that's trying to drag me under, and that, I won't allow. I've learned now that my body will let me know when I need to "just be" but I also have some quite life-altering things coming up very soon so my Positive, proactive, speedy hat needs to be firmly on. 
          This sounds so negative I know but it's simply honesty. I don't enjoy fakeness. What I'm saying is, say yes and give way to the energy you're feeling. That fire in your little belly yearns for some reflection. Recharge those batteries in a day & see what's on your mind: - 

- Is it a vacation you need ?
- A new career plan ?
- A pet ?
- A tech detox ?
- An afternoon of spontaneous adventure ?
- A date ?
- A new outfit ?

These quick fire thoughts are the things you truly crave and will bring new joy or possibility to your life. A lot of the time, they are the simple things...like indulging in a hot, bubble bath with a glass of wine; sweet, relaxing sounds and scents surrounding you.
     Think of it like story writing, write down little gems of wisdom. This is your bit of glitter, be it however small. Life is about seeing beauty in the little things around us and sometimes, overwhelming, differing thoughts can leave you reviewing your whole life, but take a day to forget about the practicalities of how to figure out those loud thoughts- focus on something small…All that glitters is not gold.



A lot of problems occur these days due to comparison, and because I've had a few days of feeling like I'm stagnant {check out my Insta for more chat on this!} or my life's just trucking along, it got me to thinking how quickly you can lose your logical sense. Perfection really does not exist, everything is trial & error. Society has become obsessed with attaining the impossible ideal at all levels and the trouble is, some people get sucked into the realm but in fact, the glitzy, perfect perceptions people have are often not that precious at all or indicative of ones' true nature! Authenticity looks like it's gone out of the window with carefully orchestrated individual's walking around instead, thus leaving the minority of real people who recognise that 'All that glitters is not gold', feeling their own anxieties even more intensely which is ridiculous because knowing ones' flaws & strengths is the key to higher potential! A great phrase I heard is "So many selflies, so little knowledge of self."
     So please know, the muddy water will disperse when you just sit still for a while and be true to yourself. Recognise all the sentimental feels but know that the logic will return in due course!

Key pointers
Know thyself. Decipher what's held you back from your opportunities.. Mindful introspection on the past & present you can help your gain clarity on your divine life purpose
Stay humble and know that success happens in its own time.. Don't distract yourself with conventional thinking; ground yourself back with the spiritual realm, breathe out the perfectionist ideals and be true to you!
Don't put value on things that is not true beauty; those that put too much emphasis on narcissism or materialism reflects fool's gold-- It's not real!!!


Here's to a productive, feisty month, hopefully full of our own bit of sparkle, happiness and fulfilment! 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ah, thank you so much! Very glad you enjoyed :-)

      Delete

  2. What a lovely post, Im working on positive change and appreciating the small things and the feelings they provide is such a huge part of it. Thanks for writing.

    https://metanoia-motherhood.org/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, a pleasure! That's so lovely of you to say :) I completely agree; remaining in the present and realising what great things you have is very positive x

      Delete